Re: Two questions: IR detection and clubs

  • bnansel@nauticom.net
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 2, 2001
      At 10:59 AM 1/2/01, Jose V. Fernandes wrote:
      >Can you add me to the people Looking for an Los Anageles club (somewhere on the
      >west side...)?
      >
      >JosE

      I have a listing for a club near Anaheim, The Robot Society of Southern
      California. Is that close enough for you?

      Region: Anaheim CA
      Group Name: Robotics Society of Southern CA
      Contact: Art LeBouthillier
      Email: apendragn@...
      Meetings: 2nd Saturday of month at room EE321
      California State University Fullerton
      12:30-1:00 Business meeting
      1:00-3:00 General meeting
      Address: RSSC
      P.O. Box 26044
      Santa Ana, CA 92799-6044

      Hope this helps. If it's geographically impossible, though, let me know so
      I can add you to my list.

      -RLN
    • Dennis Clark
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 2, 2001
        Jose,

        You are complaining about a 1 hr drive? Heck man around here you don't
        get _anywhere_ in less than 1.5 hrs and a 4 hr drive is considered a day
        trip!

        Some people are _so_ spoiled.

        DLC

        "Jose V. Fernandes" wrote:

> [...]
        > You:> To: Jose V. Fernandes
        > You:> Cc: bnansel@...; seattlerobotics@egroups.com
        > You:> Subject: Re: [SeattleRobotics] Re: Two questions: IR
        > You:> detection and clubs
        > You:>
        > You:>
        > You:> There is the Robotics Society of Southern California that
        > You:> meets 2nd Saturday of the
        > You:> month at California State University at Fullerton in the
        > You:> electrical engineering
        > You:> building room EE321 from 12:30 to 3:00.
        > You:>
        > You:> Jose V. Fernandes wrote:
        > You:>
        > You:> > Can you add me to the people Looking for an Los Anageles
        > You:> club (somewhere on the
        > You:> > west side...)?
        > You:> >
        > You:> > JosE
        > You:> >
        > You:> > You:> -----Original Message-----
        > You:> > You:> From: bnansel@...
        > You:> [mailto:bnansel@...]
        > You:> > You:> Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2000 12:51 PM
        > You:> > You:> To: seattlerobotics@egroups.com
        > You:> > You:> Subject: [SeattleRobotics] Re: Two questions:
        > You:> IR detection and clubs
        > You:> > You:>
        > You:> > You:>
        > You:> > You:> ...
        > You:> > You:> >Second, Are there any robotics clubs around
        > You:> Michigan? I
        > You:> > You:> live in Cadillac and
        > You:> > You:> >am looking for a group close by.
        > You:> > You:> >
        > You:> > You:> >
        > You:> > You:> >Thanks,
        > You:> > You:> >
        > You:> > You:> >Ben DeKraker
        > You:> > You:> >
        > You:> > You:> >bdekraker@...
        > You:> > You:>
        > You:> > You:> I don't have any robotics club listings for
        > You:> Michigan, but
        > You:> > You:> I'd be happy to
        > You:> > You:> add you to my list of individuals seeking
        > You:> clubs. All I need
        > You:> > You:> fromyou is your
        > You:> > You:> full contact information. I publish the list
        > You:> twice a year
        > You:> > You:> (roughly) in my
        > You:> > You:> Amateur Robotics Notebook column in Nuts &
        > You:> Volts magazine.
        > You:> > You:> This has helped
        > You:> > You:> lots of people in the past find--or
        > You:> form--robotics clubs in
        > You:> > You:> their areas.
        > You:> > You:>
        > You:> > You:> -RLN
        > You:> > You:>
        > You:> > You:>
        > You:> > You:>
        > You:> > You:> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
        > You:> > You:>
        > You:> > You:>
        > You:> > You:>
        > You:> > You:>
        > You:> >
        > You:> > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

        * Dennis Clark Mechanical Engineering Behavior Based Robotics *
        * dlc@... www.verinet.com/~dlc Colorado State University *
      • Jose V. Fernandes
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 2, 2001
          Hey, Hey, Hey,...

          That is too bad,

          I don't mind driving that much (I do it all the time, this is LA) but I really
          also want to meet people around my area, this is a hobby for me and my
          definition of hobby really means quality time, not driving 1 or more hours and
          no hobby-stuff...I guess the problem is that I really don't have that much time
          on the weekend for hobbys.

          Plus, I have a rule, I don't spend more than 20% of the overall time of anything
          I do with driving or 'getting there'. If I have to drive 2 hours (1hr each way)
          and I only spend there 2-3 hours that means something close 50% of my hobby(or
          any other thing)-time is spent driving, not good! Plus, if I have to drive 10
          minutes to go and do something for 20 it is better than driving 120 for
          something you will do for probably less than 240...don't you think?!?!?!?

          If it is something I can not avoid, I have to do it, otherwise it will render my
          pleasure a useless sacrifice.
          Proves my point?!?!?!

          ;)

          JosE

          You:> -----Original Message-----
          You:> From: Dennis Clark [mailto:dlc@...]
          You:> Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2001 6:46 PM
          You:> Cc: seattlerobotics@egroups.com
          You:> Subject: Re: [SeattleRobotics] Re: Two questions: IR
          You:> detection and clubs
          You:>
          You:>
          You:> Jose,
          You:>
          You:> You are complaining about a 1 hr drive? Heck man around
          You:> here you don't
          You:> get _anywhere_ in less than 1.5 hrs and a 4 hr drive is
          You:> considered a day
          You:> trip!
          You:>
          You:> Some people are _so_ spoiled.
          You:>
          You:> DLC
          You:>
          You:> "Jose V. Fernandes" wrote:
          You:> >
          You:> > Prob is that it is a bit too far away for me 1h +/-
          You:> without traffic...
          You:> >
          You:> > Plus I am looking for people on the west side to work
          You:> together with not only go
          You:> > and show off my or theirs stuff.
          You:> >
          You:> > Thanks,
          You:> >
          You:> > JosE
          You:> >
          You:> > You:> -----Original Message-----
          You:> > You:> From: Michael Evans [mailto:michaele@...]
          You:> > You:> Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2001 4:47 PM
          You:> > You:> To: Jose V. Fernandes
          You:> > You:> Cc: bnansel@...; seattlerobotics@egroups.com
          You:> > You:> Subject: Re: [SeattleRobotics] Re: Two questions: IR
          You:> > You:> detection and clubs
          You:> > You:>
          You:> > You:>
          You:> > You:> There is the Robotics Society of Southern
          You:> California that
          You:> > You:> meets 2nd Saturday of the
          You:> > You:> month at California State University at
          You:> Fullerton in the
          You:> > You:> electrical engineering
          You:> > You:> building room EE321 from 12:30 to 3:00.
          You:> > You:>
          You:> > You:> Jose V. Fernandes wrote:
          You:> > You:>
          You:> > You:> > Can you add me to the people Looking for an
          You:> Los Anageles
          You:> > You:> club (somewhere on the
          You:> > You:> > west side...)?
          You:> > You:> >
          You:> > You:> > JosE
          You:> > You:> >
          You:> > You:> > You:> -----Original Message-----
          You:> > You:> > You:> From: bnansel@...
          You:> > You:> [mailto:bnansel@...]
          You:> > You:> > You:> Sent: Saturday, December 30,
          You:> 2000 12:51 PM
          You:> > You:> > You:> To: seattlerobotics@egroups.com
          You:> > You:> > You:> Subject: [SeattleRobotics] Re:
          You:> Two questions:
          You:> > You:> IR detection and clubs
          You:> > You:> > You:>
          You:> > You:> > You:>
          You:> > You:> > You:> ...
          You:> > You:> > You:> >Second, Are there any robotics
          You:> clubs around
          You:> > You:> Michigan? I
          You:> > You:> > You:> live in Cadillac and
          You:> > You:> > You:> >am looking for a group close by.
          You:> > You:> > You:> >
          You:> > You:> > You:> >
          You:> > You:> > You:> >Thanks,
          You:> > You:> > You:> >
          You:> > You:> > You:> >Ben DeKraker
          You:> > You:> > You:> >
          You:> > You:> > You:> >bdekraker@...
          You:> > You:> > You:>
          You:> > You:> > You:> I don't have any robotics club
          You:> listings for
          You:> > You:> Michigan, but
          You:> > You:> > You:> I'd be happy to
          You:> > You:> > You:> add you to my list of
          You:> individuals seeking
          You:> > You:> clubs. All I need
          You:> > You:> > You:> fromyou is your
          You:> > You:> > You:> full contact information. I
          You:> publish the list
          You:> > You:> twice a year
          You:> > You:> > You:> (roughly) in my
          You:> > You:> > You:> Amateur Robotics Notebook
          You:> column in Nuts &
          You:> > You:> Volts magazine.
          You:> > You:> > You:> This has helped
          You:> > You:> > You:> lots of people in the past find--or
          You:> > You:> form--robotics clubs in
          You:> > You:> > You:> their areas.
          You:> > You:> > You:>
          You:> > You:> > You:> -RLN
          You:> > You:> > You:>
          You:> > You:> > You:>
          You:> > You:> > You:>
          You:> > You:> > You:> To unsubscribe from this group,
          You:> send an email to:
          You:> > You:> > You:>
          You:> > You:> > You:>
          You:> > You:> > You:>
          You:> > You:> > You:>
          You:> > You:> >
          You:> > You:> > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          You:> > You:>
          You:> > You:>
          You:> > You:>
          You:> > You:>
          You:> >
          You:> > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          You:>
          You:> --
          You:> ------------------------------------------------------------
          You:> ---------
          You:> * Dennis Clark Mechanical Engineering Behavior Based
          You:> Robotics *
          You:> * dlc@... www.verinet.com/~dlc Colorado State
          You:> University *
          You:> ------------------------------------------------------------
          You:> ---------
          You:>
          You:> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          You:>
          You:>
          You:>
          You:>
        • Gary Livick
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 3, 2001
            I live in the Marina del Rey area (just South), and have a shop in Gardena. I'm a
            one man show, and I only work with HC11's and the 68332, but if anyone is
            interested in getting together to work on projects, I'm available most weekends.

            Best regards,

            Gary Livick

          • Doug Leppard
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 4, 2001
              Man I wish I had all these options for fellow robotic fanatics here in Orlando Florida.

              Doug Leppard
              DLeppard@...

              "Jose V. Fernandes" wrote:

> [...]
              > You:> > You:> full contact information. I publish the list
              > You:> twice a year
              > You:> > You:> (roughly) in my
              > You:> > You:> Amateur Robotics Notebook column in Nuts &
              > You:> Volts magazine.
              > You:> > You:> This has helped
              > You:> > You:> lots of people in the past find--or
              > You:> form--robotics clubs in
              > You:> > You:> their areas.
              > You:> > You:>
              > You:> > You:> -RLN
              > You:> > You:>
              > You:> > You:>
              > You:> > You:>
              > You:> > You:> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
              > You:> > You:>
              > You:> > You:>
              > You:> > You:>
              > You:> > You:>
              > You:> >
              > You:> > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

            • Dan T. Long
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 4, 2001
                Are you in Orlando, FL ?

                You know about Skycraft on Aloma/Fairbank right ?

                I bet a lot of robot builders visit that place... I know I do every chance I get.

                Dan;

                Doug Leppard wrote:

                > Man I wish I had all these options for fellow robotic fanatics here in Orlando Florida.
                > Doug Leppard
                > DLeppard@...
              • Bryan E. Daniel
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 6, 2001
                  SRS,
                  Skycraft is a surplus store advertised in Nuts and Volts Magazine.
                  I think there are many more people interested in robotics than we realize,
                  if we could only bring them together.

                  The University of Florida UF has a Robotics department.
                  Disney World must attract robotics enthusiasts.
                  The FIRST competition (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) is held at
                  Epcot.

                  Bryan E. Daniel
                  Bellevue, Washington

                • doug.kelley@alaskaair.com
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 6, 2001
                    Speaking of Walt Disney World, their Audio Anamatronic robots are truly
                    amazing. They have one of their advanced units in a clear plastic
                    shell so you can see how it works while it's doing its "show." Has
                    anyone ever seen a web page that gives more technical details about
                    these machines?

                    Doug