Monday Night Chat Reminder

  • Richard Greenway
    Message 1 of 158 , Dec 1, 2008
      Take a break this evening and join us for some robot chat!

      Directions below.

      Richard
      /* ----------------------------------------- */

      The Seattle Robotics Society hosts a "Monday Night Chat" each week.

      Starting at 7pm Pacific Daylight Time each Monday, the SRS holds an
      informal chat session. This is a great opportunity to come ask live
      questions of the SRS members, seek help for technical problems, or
      just chat about stuff.

      Directions:

      New web chat interface!
      As some have found, I was hosting a Web chat
      client on www.fenchurch.org which worked. Except my webserver is
      notoriously flaky. (Linux has too many conflicting options)

      So, We are trying out the Mibbit Web IRC client. Which has some neat
      features. inline thumbnails of web and picture links, real time
      translation into whatever languages that google translate supports.

      http://embed.mibbit.com/?server=irc.freenode.net&channel=%23SeattleRobotics&noSe\
      \
      rverNotices=true&forcePrompt=true

      If you register with mibbit, it also allows you to post files to share
      and log chat sessions. But there is no need to do that to participate.

      Chatzilla is still the most recommended interface to Monday Night
      Chat. And once installed (Along with the Firefox web browser), the
      chat can be accessed from this link.

      irc://irc.freenode.net/#SeattleRobotics

      Directions for mIRC which may be applicable to other IRC chat clients
      can be found at the SRS Homepage at
      http://www.seattlerobotics.org
      in the contact us link at:
      http://seattlerobotics.org/contact.php

      The chat requires that you use an Internet Relay Chat (IRC) program.
      Details on finding one are below.

      For you experts, the chat is held on irc.freenode.net in the
      #seattlerobotics group.

      For Mac Users:
      http://colloquy.info/
      (Umm I don't actually have experience setting this up, but you should
      be able to figure it out from the mIRC directions below)
    • Fenchurch
      Message 158 of 158 , May 3, 2010
        Need ideas on how to take your projects forward? Or just want to discuss what others are doing with them?
        Come join us tonight for our weekly Monday Night chat session
        and find out the latest.

        Updated directions for joining can be found on the SRS Website.
        http://www.seattlerobotics.org
        http://www.seattlerobotics.org/contact.php#Monday

        And why not become a fan of the Seattle Robotics Society on Facebook
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Seattle-Robotics-Society/331139672992

        Quick Links for some IRC Clients and for webchat

        irc://irc.freenode.net/#SeattleRobotics
        http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=SeattleRobotics

        Message Ends

        Richard