BotBoard cable pinout

  • Rich Chandler
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2008
      I recently borrowed a BotBoard programming cable because it has a
      serial-TTL converter in it, for the purposes of reprogramming the eprom in
      my monitor. However, I need a pinout for the 4 pin connector on the end,
      and I havne't had much luck finding it. (LOTS of pages mention the thing,
      but I haven't seen a pinout yet).

      Anyone have a pointer for me?
    • Jeff Sampson
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2008
        > 1. BotBoard cable pinout
        > Posted by: "Rich Chandler" rchandler@... mauser712
        > Date: Sat Nov 1, 2008 7:58 pm ((PDT))
        >
        > I recently borrowed a BotBoard programming cable because it has a
        > serial-TTL converter in it, for the purposes of reprogramming the eprom in
        > my monitor. However, I need a pinout for the 4 pin connector on the end,
        > and I havne't had much luck finding it. (LOTS of pages mention the thing,
        > but I haven't seen a pinout yet).
        >
        > Anyone have a pointer for me?

        The schematic of the board has the pinout:
        http://home.earthlink.net/~tdickens/68hc11/docs/botboard1.pdf
        http://www.kevinro.com/BotBoardPlus.pdf

        This page has the pinouts:
        http://www.kevinro.com/connections.htm

        This page describes the cable (assuming this is the one you have):
        http://www.kevinro.com/cable.pdf

        --
        Jeff Sampson
        http://tcrobots.org/members/jsamp.htm
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2008
          You can simply test the pins with a VOM or continuity tester; diagram the pin out yourself.

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2008
            At 7:49 AM -0800 11/2/08, Robert & Elaine wrote:
            >You can simply test the pins with a VOM or continuity tester; diagram the
            >pin out yourself.

            Short of physically destroying the cable LENT to me, that's not likely.
            The 4 pin end is unpowered. It would get its juice from the TTL supply in
            Monitor. I know the pinouts from the interface on the Monitor, but not in
            the cable, and they are unlikely to be the same. Getting the 5V and Gnd
            backwards might not be healthy for the chip in the cable.