Monday Night Chat Reminder

  • Richard Greenway
    Message 1 of 158 , Jun 30, 2008
      It may have been a quiet week on the mailing list, as people start to
      enjoy their summer. But the Monday night Chat has been brimming with
      talk of robot vision systems, navigation, and microprocessor choices.

      I have the video from Larry's presentation on June 21st, Google Video
      is processing it, and it should be live sometime this week.

      If someone wants the 250MB original file, well, find me on the Chat,
      and I can mail you a CD.

      Richard

      irc://irc.freenode.net/#SeattleRobotics

      The link above should work for users of Chatzilla
      http://chatzilla.hacksrus.com and firefox, and possibly mIRC.
      More in depth directions follow for other clients.

      The Seattle Robotics Society hosts a "Monday Night Chat" each week.

      Starting at 7pm Pacific Daylight Time each Monday, the SRS holds an
      informal chat session. This is a great opportunity to come ask live
      questions of the SRS members, seek help for technical problems, or
      just chat about stuff.

      Directions:

      The chat requires that you use an Internet Relay Chat (IRC) program.
      Details on finding one are below.

      For you experts, the chat is held on irc.freenode.net in the
      #seattlerobotics group.

      If you have problems you can use the web based IRC Client at

      http://www.fenchurch.org/cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi

      Where we will help you get another chat client setup.

      For Mac Users:
      http://colloquy.info/
      (Umm I don't actually have experience setting this up, but you should
      be able to figure it out from the mIRC directions below)

      For Windows users:
      1. Get the mIRC program from http://www.mirc.com/get.html Run its
      setup program. Start the mIRC program
      2. It will popup a small window titled mIRC Options. Click on the
      Connect listing in the 'Category box'. You should see a control that
      says IRC Servers with a set of small buttons down the right side (Add,
      Edit, Delete, Sort).
      3. Press the Add button to add a new entry. A small popup called
      mIRC Add Server should appear. Fill in the text boxes as follows.

      IRC Server: irc.freenode.net
      Ports: 6667
      Group: #seattlerobotics
      There is no password.
      4. Click the Add button in this mIRC Add Server dialog.
      5. You have now returned to the mIRC Options window. You should see
      the edit boxes with IRC Servers: #seattlerobotics and a Seattle
      Robotics below it. There should also be a Connect to IRC Server.
      6. In the reset of the form, fill in your Name, Email Address. The
      Nickname is often your first name and initial. Please use a Nickname
      that identifies you to the rest of the group.
      7. Press the Connect to IRC server button in the middle of the
      dialog. This will connect you to the chat server. This has been known
      to take a few moments, up to a minute or so, depending on how busy the
      server is.
      8. Once connected, another popup will appear. You can type in
      #seattlerobotics and press the join key. You can also go to the status
      window, and type /join #seattlerobotics.
      9. If you are the first person for the night, you will be alone in
      the room! Thats OK, just wait for others to join. Be sure you have the
      correct spelling.
    • Fenchurch
      Message 158 of 158 , May 3, 2010
        Need ideas on how to take your projects forward? Or just want to discuss what others are doing with them?
        Come join us tonight for our weekly Monday Night chat session
        and find out the latest.

        Updated directions for joining can be found on the SRS Website.
        http://www.seattlerobotics.org
        http://www.seattlerobotics.org/contact.php#Monday

        And why not become a fan of the Seattle Robotics Society on Facebook
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Seattle-Robotics-Society/331139672992

        Quick Links for some IRC Clients and for webchat

        irc://irc.freenode.net/#SeattleRobotics
        http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=SeattleRobotics

        Message Ends

        Richard