Monday Night chat Reminder
- It's Monday
Come and join us for some Robo Chat!
The link above should work for users of Chatzilla
http://chatzilla.hacksrus.com and firefox, and possibly mIRC.
The Seattle Robotics Society hosts a "Monday Night Chat" each week.
Starting at 7pm Pacific Daylight Time each Monday, the SRS holds an
informal chat session. This is a great opportunity to come ask live
questions of the SRS members, seek help for technical problems, or
just chat about stuff.
The chat requires that you use an Internet Relay Chat (IRC) program.
Details on finding one are below.
For you experts, the chat is held on irc.freenode.net in the
If you have problems you can use the web based IRC Client at
Where we will help you get another chat client setup.
For Mac Users:
(Umm I don't actually have experience setting this up, but you should
be able to figure it out from the mIRC directions below)
For Windows users:
1. Get the mIRC program from http://www.mirc.com/get.html Run its
setup program. Start the mIRC program
2. It will popup a small window titled mIRC Options. Click on the
Connect listing in the 'Category box'. You should see a control that
says IRC Servers with a set of small buttons down the right side (Add,
Edit, Delete, Sort).
3. Press the Add button to add a new entry. A small popup called
mIRC Add Server should appear. Fill in the text boxes as follows.
IRC Server: irc.freenode.net
There is no password.
4. Click the Add button in this mIRC Add Server dialog.
5. You have now returned to the mIRC Options window. You should see
the edit boxes with IRC Servers: #seattlerobotics and a Seattle
Robotics below it. There should also be a Connect to IRC Server.
6. In the reset of the form, fill in your Name, Email Address. The
Nickname is often your first name and initial. Please use a Nickname
that identifies you to the rest of the group.
7. Press the Connect to IRC server button in the middle of the
dialog. This will connect you to the chat server. This has been known
to take a few moments, up to a minute or so, depending on how busy the
8. Once connected, another popup will appear. You can type in
#seattlerobotics and press the join key. You can also go to the status
window, and type /join #seattlerobotics.
9. If you are the first person for the night, you will be alone in
the room! Thats OK, just wait for others to join. Be sure you have the