How about this for a rover?

  • Kevin Impson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 2008
      Hi Everyone,

      I got R/C unit that is some what unique....

      http://www.cyberwave.us/tracked/

      I bought it with the intentions of converting it myself... but I don't think it will ever happen.

      It was in a storage bin, I got it out and took pictures for Howard to see...

      If anybody is interested... it is for sale... $150.00 or best reasonable offer... this was originally $200.00.

      Yes, the flippers are transversiabile and it can pick itself up on them... it makes the packbot look like a toy.

      Kevin

    • Triffid Hunter
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 15, 2008
        On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Kevin Impson wrote:

        > Hi Everyone,
        >
        > I got R/C unit that is some what unique....
        >
        > http://www.cyberwave.us/tracked/
        >
        > I bought it with the intentions of converting it myself... but I don't think it will ever happen.
        >
        > It was in a storage bin, I got it out and took pictures for Howard to see...
        >
        > If anybody is interested... it is for sale... $150.00 or best reasonable offer... this was originally $200.00.
        >
        > Yes, the flippers are transversiabile and it can pick itself up on them... it makes the packbot look like a toy.
        >
        > Kevin

        That's a "Tarantula" by MGA. One group converted it into an autonomous
        platform called the Redback. They're no longer produced.

        I was considering one as a platform, but couldn't source any and went for
        an MMP-8 from themachinelabs.com instead.