Re: [SeattleRobotics] Car batteries as a power source

  • Tony Brenke
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
      there are 24V chargers.
      you need do nothing fancy to get this to work.
      BUT, do not use std lead acid batteries.

      get some sealed gell cells instead.

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
        There are 24V SLA batteries used in electric wheelchairs that would
        work perfectly for your solution. The battery supplier could get you a
        24V charger as well, and maybe a charger controller that would allow
        you to charge and use at the same time

        Thanks
        The Earl