Compiler and Embedded OS for mobile robot

  • xunzhaoziwo
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 2007
      Hello, Everyone
      I am going to build up my own mobile robot for fun, and I plan to use
      MC68332 as the controller, control board is either design or purchased
      from some low price vender, I am considering this now. But the
      architecture of the control board should be simular as the general
      control board.
      But now I am a bit confused about the compiler and the embedded os,
      according to nBot and EyeBot's description, nBot is using RTEMS +
      Interactive C, while EyeBot is using GCC + RoBIOS. Both of them can be
      based on the Linux development host. But it seems that RTEMS has more
      detailed documents and sample code than RoBIOS, but GCC is open source,
      while the free Interactive C compiler from Newton seems like that only
      support Handy Board and some other robot.

      so would you please give me some suggestions or comment on the compiler
      and embedded OS?

      Thanks
      James
    • Kevin Rock
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2007
        Hello James,
        I have had good luck with www.newmicros.com. They have a large number
        of single board computers and development software. There is an
        interesting language/OS for multitasking called ISOmax. You may want to
        look at their site to get some ideas. They do have the 68332 represented
        in their stock.
        Good luck,
        Kevin.

        On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 19:24:21 -0700, xunzhaoziwo <xunzhaoziwo@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello, Everyone
        > I am going to build up my own mobile robot for fun, and I plan to use
        > MC68332 as the controller, control board is either design or purchased
        > from some low price vender, I am considering this now. But the
        > architecture of the control board should be simular as the general
        > control board.
        > But now I am a bit confused about the compiler and the embedded os,
        > according to nBot and EyeBot's description, nBot is using RTEMS +
        > Interactive C, while EyeBot is using GCC + RoBIOS. Both of them can be
        > based on the Linux development host. But it seems that RTEMS has more
        > detailed documents and sample code than RoBIOS, but GCC is open source,
        > while the free Interactive C compiler from Newton seems like that only
        > support Handy Board and some other robot.
        >
        > so would you please give me some suggestions or comment on the compiler
        > and embedded OS?
        >
        > Thanks
        > James
      • hao_bing60
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 16, 2007
          Are you come from china? hehe nice to see you.

          I am designing my own robotic system now. I have written a simple real
          time operating system for my robot. I consider, maybe we can design
          our robot together.

          regard
          ICE
          --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "xunzhaoziwo"