Re: X,Y coordinates and Mapping

  • Lliam
    Message 1 of 51 , Jun 4, 2007
      Hello again and thanks for all the useful info.

      I have been lucky enough to find a "broken" ( missing a button) optical mouse with a PS2
      connector.
      Am I correct in assuming that then configurations shown in the data sheet,

      http://www.computer-engineering.org/ps2mouse/

      is what I should use?

      Also can someone help with creating a simple program in BASIC that will read the X and Y
      counts, convert them to distance and create two variables: X_distance and Y_distance.

      I am thinking that this can be read at pre-set intervals and added/subtracted from a total
      distance, stored as a word bite?

      Any help or useful links would be great.
      Has anyone done this before?

      Thanks,
      Lliam
    • eshezo ayomi