RIT Robotics Club Needs Help

  • Jose Torres
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2007
      Hello,
      I have been following Seattle Robotics since 3rd grade and last summer
      had the opportunity to attend two meetings while I was intern with
      Microsoft. It was great to see how well-run the meetings were and I
      took that experience back to the local robotics club here at
      RIT.

      We are currently gearing up for our second year at the Intelligent
      Ground Vehicle Contest (www.igvc.org) in Rochester, Michigan and,
      unfortunately, are in a situation where we have a robot without drive
      motors or belts. RIT has not been very helpful financially in our
      endeavors and as the school year is winding down we are less active in
      finding sponsors.

      A few pictures of our robot as of a few weeks ago:
      http://mdrc.rit.edu/~bleepbloop/FrontView.jpg
      http://mdrc.rit.edu/~bleepbloop/IsoMetric.jpg
      http://mdrc.rit.edu/~bleepbloop/ThreadModule.jpg

      We developed a robot for the Penn State Mini Grand Challenge which
      traveled the second furthest and received an Innovation award.
      http://mdrc.rit.edu/~bleepbloop/AMOSTestPlatform.jpg

      We are seeking to borrow or buy, at a discount, the parts we need to finish.

      2 x S28-400 Magmotor $349 (
      http://www.robotcombat.com/marketplace_magmotors.html )
      4 x 39in L Belts MSCdirect #35369966 $16.82

      Any help or advice you can give us will be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Jose Torres
      Treasurer
      RIT Robotics Club