Boeing Surplus

  • Rich Chandler
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
      Say, if there's anyone who regularly makes runs down there, could you make
      a note to let me know if they ever have another bin of big blocks of
      aluminum again?
    • Mike Payson
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 17 10:56 AM
        From another list that I'm on. BTW, I was there yesterday, and
        verified that this is not a rumor. They will be closing "before the
        end of the year".

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        >> Yes Boeing Surplus is closing.

        > Why?

        Well…

        What I was told was… It cost too much money to run.

        So the deal is. 20% of the items they sell generate 80% of the
        revenue. That 20% can be sold through other channels as or more
        effectively than through the surplus store (ebay, machine deals or
        what not). It costs millions of dollars to run the surplus store
        in wages and overhead so… a decision was made that it was better to
        just scrap or throw away the 80% that only generates 20% of the
        revenue and focus on selling the 20% that makes brings in the most
        return.

        Big Biz 101 I guess…..