Re: [SeattleRobotics] a little off topic

  • Sebastien Bailard
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2006
      I don't thinks so, because carbon nanotubes only get up to a couple
      millimeters in length, they're not cheap, and they'd be difficult to work
      with. Typically, people use reels of fine metal wire.
      (as small as .001" - less than half the thickness of a human hair). For
      macroscopic objects, this is all you really need.

      If you're interested in making a wire-cut edm, look here:
      CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

      It's a hard project for the home tinkerer. I'd start by making a cnc
      mill/router.

      Regards,
      Sebastien Bailard
      RepRap.org - self-replicating 3D printer project.