Help needed about stores

  • Nishant Sukhavasi
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2006
      Hi,

      I am a robotics enthusiast from India. I needed the SRF 05 ultrasonic
      rangefinder and 360 degree servo motors. These parts are not available in
      India and hence asked my aunt who lives in seattle to help me out with this.

      so could you please tell me where she can get these components at a
      resonalble price. Also can u give me the address of a few other stores where
      this can be available

      thanking you,
      regards,
      Nishant.

      --
      "You never finish a project, You just stop working on it"

    • Doug Leppard
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 2006
        One of the favorite stores is:

        http://acroname.com/robotics/parts/c_Sensors.html

        Doug Leppard

        ________________________________

      • benedict-list@hawaii.rr.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 6, 2006
          Far as I know the SRF ultrasonic rangefinders are made by Devantech in the
          UK. You may have better luck going through them directly.

          360 degree servo motors, if I understand you correctly, are servos like
          the ones used on R/C airplanes and cars that can rotate 360 degrees? As
          far as I know these all start life as normal R/C servos that are then
          modified for 360 degree rotation. Lots and lots of information online
          about how to do this mod, so you may already have what you need.

          Tom

          On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Nishant Sukhavasi wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I am a robotics enthusiast from India. I needed the SRF 05 ultrasonic
          > rangefinder and 360 degree servo motors. These parts are not available in
          > India and hence asked my aunt who lives in seattle to help me out with this.
          >

          > so could you please tell me where she can get these components at a
          > resonalble price. Also can u give me the address of a few other stores where
          > this can be available
          >
          > thanking you,
          > regards,
          > Nishant.
          >
          > --
          > "You never finish a project, You just stop working on it"

        • dan michaels
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7, 2006
            --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, benedict-list@... wrote:

            > Far as I know the SRF ultrasonic rangefinders are made by Devantech
            in the
            > UK. You may have better luck going through them directly.
            >
            > 360 degree servo motors, if I understand you correctly, are servos
            like
            > the ones used on R/C airplanes and cars that can rotate 360
            degrees? As
            > far as I know these all start life as normal R/C servos that are
            then
            > modified for 360 degree rotation. Lots and lots of information
            online
            > about how to do this mod, so you may already have what you need.
            >
            > Tom

            He might also try www.parallax.com. They have a sonar that is very
            similar to the SRF0x jobbers, but easier to use since it only
            requires 3 wires [5v, gnd, plus control pin], plus they also have
            modified servos. I was just testing the parallax sonar yesterday, and
            it works out to 12' at least, although the docos say 9'.