Re: [SeattleRobotics] slightly off topic, but interesting project

  • Mike Payson
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 31, 2006
      I've never ordered from them, but they've been around for years and are
      quite well known. I've seen prominent stories on them on numerous
      high-traffic sites such as Slashdot, BoingBoing.net & Makezine.com. I've
      linked to them and seen links to them before in many forums, and never heard
      anything negative back. I personally would have no problem ordering from
      them, but of course whenever you're getting your info from the Internet,
      Caveat Emptor.

      Mike

      On 8/31/06, Pete Skeggs <plskeggs@...> wrote:

      > Mike Payson wrote:
      > > Just outta curiosity, what would just attaching a largeish supermagnet
      > > the bottom of your bike do? Something like some of these:
      > >
      > > http://unitednuclear.com/magnetsx.htm
      > >
      > > I bet the 2"x1/4" would do nicely. Or get the #32 at the bottom & trip
      > the
      > > sensor from a block away!
      > >
      > > (If anyone decides to order one, be sure to read the notice on their
      > front
      > > page before doing so...)
      > >

      > Have any of you ordered from United Nuclear? They have some very
      > interesting things on their site (including a hydrogen car conversion
      > kit), but here's the caveat: it turns out it's run by the infamous Bob
      > Lazar, who made outrageous claims about 10 years ago concerning
      > UFO-derived technology he supposedly helped reverse engineer (or some
      > such) while working at Area 51.
      >
      > So, I'm now taking everything on the United Nuclear website with a grain
      > of salt. Maybe it's legitimate, but maybe not.
      >
      > -Pete

    • Mike Payson
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 31, 2006