Robot shooting t-shirts

  • Doug Leppard
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 29, 2006
      Our robotics team has been challenged to shoot t-shirts from our robot,
      like they do at basketball games. We are a FIRST team and have our 130
      lb robot.

      I know that the people that do this at basketball games use compressed
      CO2 like they use in paintball guns. I found one place that sells these
      t-shirt shooting guns for $1,500.

      I have a bunch of paintball stuff. Has anyone heard of how it is done,
      seen an article on it? I couldn't find anything on the web.

      Doug Leppard
      Global ConneXion Director
      Global Technology Office
      Campus Crusade for Christ International
      Doug.Leppard@...

    • Mike Payson
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 31, 2006
        I've never ordered from them, but they've been around for years and are
        quite well known. I've seen prominent stories on them on numerous
        high-traffic sites such as Slashdot, BoingBoing.net & Makezine.com. I've
        linked to them and seen links to them before in many forums, and never heard
        anything negative back. I personally would have no problem ordering from
        them, but of course whenever you're getting your info from the Internet,
        Caveat Emptor.

        Mike