Robotic arms

  • tubastudio
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
      I'm interested in seeing robotic arms in action. I have a small
      company and I'm considering buying a robotic arm to do some polishing
      jobs, but i have no knowledge of robotics. Any suggestions from
      folks would be great.
    • Doug Evans
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7, 2006
        Try Roger Arrick

        http://www.arrickrobotics.com/

        -de

        I'm interested in seeing robotic arms in action. I have a small
        company and I'm considering buying a robotic arm to do some polishing
        jobs, but i have no knowledge of robotics. Any suggestions from
        folks would be great.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Pete Miles
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 7, 2006
          Look at Staubli Robotics www.staubli.com Very nice robots. They have a bunch of videos of
          their robots in action on their website.

          You can also look at MotoMan www.motoman.com, There is also Fanuc, ABB, Epson, Adept, and about
          a dozen other companies that sell 6 DOF arm.

          Now, when you are talking about polishing, what kind of figure are you trying to achieve.

          If you are looking for some serious precision, you will need to contact Ratheon Optical
          Systems, Corning, Hearaus, or Kodak, or other optics manufacturers.

          Pete

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 10, 2006
            Check out www.singletonhand.com
            Robotic Hand
            Larry Singleton

            tubastudio <tubastudio@...> wrote:
            I'm interested in seeing robotic arms in action. I have a small
            company and I'm considering buying a robotic arm to do some polishing
            jobs, but i have no knowledge of robotics. Any suggestions from
            folks would be great.

          • Triffid Hunter
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 10, 2006
              tubastudio wrote:
              > I'm interested in seeing robotic arms in action. I have a small
              > company and I'm considering buying a robotic arm to do some polishing
              > jobs, but i have no knowledge of robotics. Any suggestions from
              > folks would be great.

              The stewart platform is a fun 6-dof head to look up :)