Re: [SeattleRobotics] BA6688

  • John Baker
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2006
      Decock,

      I've tried to supply the 6688 with 12V before, and have blown the chip...3 times. So after the 3 servos I decided that adding a wire was a better solution. 18 wires in your case isn't so bad. After the first 1 or 2 you should get a system going. You still have tonight to do it! I hope you have extra parts.

      Good luck!

      Decock Sven <scud_racer@...> wrote:
      Hi guys.

      I've been building a six-legged robot for my graduation thesis, though
      since i don't have a mechanical background i've miscalculated some
      torque needs for the servo's.
      So my question would be, does anyone have the BA6688 datasheet (i saw
      you guys had the hack online) or does anyone know if the BA6688 can
      withstand a supply voltage of 12volts?

      I realize i could just add a wire, but adding 18 wires to a robot that
      has to be completed by tuesday could pose a little problem :+

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Decock Sven
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2006
        Hehe, well too bad it was tuesday last week...
        Anyway thanks for the reply though, i've spotted the openservo
        project on this group, so i'm thinking about going in that direction.
        Too bad you can't just apply a higher voltage to the servo's
        though...

        --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, John Baker