Re: [SeattleRobotics] Re: I need a good beginners book

  • Susan M
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2006
      I learned a good bit by browsing through the robot gallery online at Arrick
      Robotics. Seeing what others had built.

      This question comes up frequently. (And I am still looking for novice books
      myself.) I almost wonder though...

      I've been watching the kids in my older co-op team. We taped their contribution
      for Robofest yesterday. (They did not finish all the way but leaped ahead in
      their skills and confidence. I have no doubt that they could build a bot of
      their own design now, or take a book like David Cook's and build sandwich and
      really build that, too.)

      Maybe the way to start out is to find some simpler bots to build that are not
      that involved, like the one you can make out of an old computer mouse or even
      simpler. And build at least one small bot that way? THEN move on to the good
      beginner's book and build something like Sandwich.

      Just musing...
      Susan