RE: [SeattleRobotics] Very Large Number Math

  • Kenneth Maxon
    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hello Kevin,

      Then, yes, you would be surprised to see how easily one can jump in and set
      up massively parallel structures in an FPGA and even with an incredibly slow
      system clock run multiple pipes in dedicated state machines and easily put
      them into or past the levels of processing of which you speak.

      There are two draw backs. I'm not suggesting this as a beginners project,
      or even for someone with a passing familiarity in their second or third year
      of development work. Also, this sort of work is going to be highly
      dependant on the type of problem being solved. Some problems just break
      down to this type of solution better than others.

      -Kenneth

      Message 38 of 38 , Mar 12, 2006
        Do a google search on: GPS +voice, it will turn up many voice capable
        units. I don't know if they do exactly what you are looking for, as most
        are designed to give driving directions. It should be pretty straight
        forward to create one that does what you want with a Linux based PDA and
        the festival speech synthesis package.

        Ed