RE: [SeattleRobotics] Death Robots

  • Rob Purdy
    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 1, 2006
      What you're thinking of can't be any worse than the guys who build and
      fight the model war ships. I'm sure some places even those are tecnically
      illegal. If you run into an issue it's more likely to be a local city law
      than a federal law.

      BTW what is the reason for doing this any way? Sonds like fun actually.

      Rob

      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 4, 2006
        On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 07:46:47PM -0000, stephane641 wrote:

        > Well, I wouldn't consider ours as dangerous as they had an enclosing
        > arena and a max firing rate (once every 5 seconds max) and a max of
        > 5-6 shots.
        >
        > we had pretty good rules defined too.

        Your setup looked great. Perhaps the Robomagellan rule makers would
        consider a cone "touch" satisfied by a paintball splat. Certainly
        would make that contest more exciting and solve that pesky spectator
        problem of people getting in the way :-) BYOG - bring your own
        goggles.

        -Brian
        --
        Brian Dean