Re: [SeattleRobotics] Death Robots

  • D. Daniel McGlothin
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 31, 2005
      I've been sporadically followng this thread, please forgive me if it has
      already been mentioned.

      During the summer/fall, some Texan, I believe, set up a web-controlled
      firearm for remote hunting. There was quite some discussion at the time, if
      I recall correctly, both the state-level and federal-level rules were
      discussed. Perhaps some of that applies to this case, too.

      Daniel
    • Brian Dean
      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 4, 2006
        On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 07:46:47PM -0000, stephane641 wrote:

        > Well, I wouldn't consider ours as dangerous as they had an enclosing
        > arena and a max firing rate (once every 5 seconds max) and a max of
        > 5-6 shots.
        >
        > we had pretty good rules defined too.

        Your setup looked great. Perhaps the Robomagellan rule makers would
        consider a cone "touch" satisfied by a paintball splat. Certainly
        would make that contest more exciting and solve that pesky spectator
        problem of people getting in the way :-) BYOG - bring your own
        goggles.

        -Brian
        --
        Brian Dean