Seattle area electronics parts store?

  • joseph
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 27, 2005
      Hi list,

      I'm looking to pick up a couple of common ICs, like an lm386 amp, and
      a grab bag of small resistors and capacitors. Is there anywhere to go
      in town anymore? Radar moved to Bothell, and I haven't been up to the
      new shop. House of Science is shut down, right? Radio Shock probably
      has what I need, but I get the willies there. Does everyone just
      order from Digikey/Mouser/etc, or is there something else?

      --Joseph
    • Cathy Saxton
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 27, 2005
        Hi Joseph.

        Here are a couple suggestions:

        Vetco (Bellevue)
        12718 Northup Way
        Bellevue, WA 98005
        425-641-7275
        <http://www.vetcosurplus.com/>

        Supertronix
        1073 Andover Park E
        Tukwila, WA 98188-7615
        425 251-8484

        I also mail-order from Jameco (as well as Digi-Key/etc).

        Cathy

        On 10/27/05, joseph <hbarover2@...> wrote:
        > Hi list,
        >
        > I'm looking to pick up a couple of common ICs, like an lm386 amp, and
        > a grab bag of small resistors and capacitors. Is there anywhere to go
        > in town anymore? Radar moved to Bothell, and I haven't been up to the
        > new shop. House of Science is shut down, right? Radio Shock probably
        > has what I need, but I get the willies there. Does everyone just
        > order from Digikey/Mouser/etc, or is there something else?
        >
        > --Joseph
      • Brent Picasso
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 27, 2005
          Radar is moving away from supporting the hobbyist. a
          shame but if they need to stay profitable...

          Your best bet is vetco in Bellevue or Supertronix in
          Kent.

          After that, it's mail order.

          On side note, anyone else notice that a lot of the
          suplus electronic places seem to be in obscure
          low-rent places in the desert southwest? :) Definately
          not a high-profit business to support hobbyists like
          us.

          --- joseph <hbarover2@...> wrote:

          > Hi list,
          >
          > I'm looking to pick up a couple of common ICs, like
          > an lm386 amp, and
          > a grab bag of small resistors and capacitors. Is
          > there anywhere to go
          > in town anymore? Radar moved to Bothell, and I
          > haven't been up to the
          > new shop. House of Science is shut down, right?
          > Radio Shock probably
          > has what I need, but I get the willies there. Does
          > everyone just
          > order from Digikey/Mouser/etc, or is there something
          > else?
          >
          > --Joseph
          >

          > Visit the SRS Website at
          > http://www.seattlerobotics.org

          __________________________________
          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • actioncontrols
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2005
            Joseph,

            You might also try Fry's electronics in Renton. They have some chips
            in stock, although they might not be the ones you want. Digikey,
            Jameco, Mouser, etc. will usually fill the bill, but have time and
            shipping issues.

            Good Luck, Jim.

            --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "joseph" <hbarover2@y...> wrote:

            > Hi list,
            >
            > I'm looking to pick up a couple of common ICs, like an lm386 amp, and
            > a grab bag of small resistors and capacitors. Is there anywhere to go
            > in town anymore? Radar moved to Bothell, and I haven't been up to the
            > new shop. House of Science is shut down, right? Radio Shock probably
            > has what I need, but I get the willies there. Does everyone just
            > order from Digikey/Mouser/etc, or is there something else?
            >
            > --Joseph

          • Michael Donnellan
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 1, 2005
              As far as grab bags go, I have had great success with Electronic Goldmine
              (www.goldmine-elec.com).

              Mike