Re: [SeattleRobotics] DC Motor help

  • Tom Capon
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
      Look at the datasheet of the L293 chip. It can handle 4.5-36V, up to
      1 amp per channel.

      On 10/3/05, hkyathsa <hkyathsa@...> wrote:
      > I am just a beginner in the field of microcontrollers, I need to know
      > the rating (name) of the DC motor I would be using in a simple project
      > using HCS12 and L293, I am just looking for a small motor.
      >
      > thanks

    • paulpawelski
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
        Solorbotics has some good small geared DC motors. Here is a link to
        one I use in small bots:
        http://www.solarbotics.com/products/index.php?scdfa-250100084-viewDetail-productzq345zq4categoryzq37=true
        They have flat ratge shipping ($5 to the US) and also have the L293
        chip and the 0.1 uF capacitors you should use with the motor to keep
        electrical noise down.

        I put some pics of showing how to add the capacitors to a GM motor on
        my website:
        http://home.comcast.net/~pawelski_robots/

        The caps in the pictures are axial, but the idea is basicly the same
        with any capacitors: one between the terminals and one from each
        terminal to the motor case.

        Paul