biped walker race practice

  • Keith Rowell
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2005
      could I request a report from your practice last 20th?
      I'ld like to participate in this race next year, and it wold be helpfull to get a measure of the winners so far.

      knewt.blogspot.com

      keith rowell
    • Pete Miles
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2005
        Well,

        My robot, Foo, massacared the competition. He screemed through the contest so fast, it was
        like there was no other robot there.

        Well, okay, there was no other robot that wanted to compete in the practice event. So timing
        wasn't done. A couple other robots didn't want to compete, they just wanted to test out the
        field. Which they did a good job.

        So if you are looking for a time estimate, my humanoid robot takes about 4 minutes to complete
        the course. It takes that long because it is spending too much time working on making the
        pizza.

        On October 9th, we will have the Walking Robot Race at the Robothon www.robothon.org. Come to
        the event and see a bunch of different walkers compete in the race to learn where the current
        state of the art is.

        This is going to be an exciting year for the Walking Robot Race. We already have 6 awsome
        robots signed up for our first year of this event. Last night I saw R.O'Bot up close and
        personal. It is an ingenious mechanical mechanism.

        It is going to be just way too cool of an event.

        Pete Miles