Re: [SeattleRobotics] New file uploaded to SeattleRobotics

  • Brynn Rogers
    Message 1 of 91 , Nov 7, 2000
      Jerry, and anyone else that has played with the RMSC,
      Thanks for the program.

      I noticed that it fantastic for getting the right rpm for speed
      and the right gearbox ratio.

      However, I am puzzled by how it determines the motor power
      rating. Wouldn't it depend on the acceleration and friction?

      Put in the actual numbers I have for tryclops, and it got the
      gear ratio, speed and wheel diameter perfect, but for the
      motor power rating it came up with 19 Watts, and my motors
      are only 2.8 Watts. (yes, of course at least two have to be
      running to make it go straight)
      Also the current numbers are about 10x what the motor
      actually does.

      Doesn't the quality of the motor come in anywhere?

      I know that my motors have enough power to accel to
      2 feet/sec at a rate of about 10 feet/sec^2.

      Anyway, the RPM numbers look great, but I am suspicious of the
      power rating and current numbers.

      Brynn

      http://www.visi.com/~brynn my triplets !
      http://www.tcrobots.org/ our robot club
      http://www.dmida.com/ rugged PDA on steroids that is my day job
    • SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
      Message 91 of 91 , Jul 10, 2017
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the SeattleRobotics
        group.

        File : /Robothon T-Shirt Designs/T-Shirt 2015.jpg
        Uploaded by : sdk6772 <sdk6772@...>
        Description : Robothon 2015 T-Shirt Design

        sdk6772 <sdk6772@...>