Circuit not working consistently latest update

  • fierywanderer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2005
      Thanks to Triffid Hunter and Douglas Warren Bell for your sujestions.
      I was obviously being facetious with the "fire rule" reference. Yes, I
      have roasted some resistors, but the incidents of those have been due
      as much to impatience as to inadequate electronics knowledge. I would
      never be so reckless as to attempt potentially dangerous projects
      without the proper knowledge.

      I'm sorry I was'nt clearer in my last post, but I meant to say I'd try
      the PWM with the 9V signal but use the 1.5V signal to drive the motor
      continously, not do both. In any case, as Douglas Warren Bell
      corrected predicted, it did'nt work. I learnt a little detail that
      might have been obvious to others: The motor might operate at a
      certain voltage, but it only gets it because the driver chip receives
      the voltage that it requires to work. It seems like the most obvious
      thing in the world, but it has actually cleared up a lot of the
      confusion that I was experiencing.

      My pulse width modulation project is going along fine. I did'nt have
      too much success with 17% (the motor is connected to a very small
      load). I ramped it up to 55% and the circuit has been working well for
      seven hours now, and the L293d is barely warm.

      I continue to study electronics avidly, and I remain very grateful to
      you for all your sudjestions.