Re: [SeattleRobotics] Re: FM level meter

  • Chuck Harrison
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
      Cathy Saxton wrote:

      > It worked!
      >
      > I now have a hacked radio that will automatically scan for good
      > frequencies for iPod transmissions. Details are at:
      > <http://www.idleloop.com/robotics/FMscanner/index.html>

      Cool! How does it report the results of the scan?

      Peace,
      Chuck
    • Cathy Saxton
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
        On 8/1/05, Chuck Harrison <cfharr@...> wrote:
        > Cool! How does it report the results of the scan?

        After the scan, it tunes to the weakest station. Hitting the button
        advances (tunes) to the next weakest, etc.

        Cathy
      • Pete Skeggs
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
          Cathy Saxton wrote:
          > After the scan, it tunes to the weakest station. Hitting the button
          > advances (tunes) to the next weakest, etc.

          Cool project, Cathy. Just a point of clarification-

          By weakest station, are you not really hoping to find a completely
          unused frequency? I understand that the circuit you built doesn't know
          the difference, but isn't that the goal -- emptiest point on the dial,
          not actually the weakest station? You really don't even want (ideally)
          a station at all, right?

          -Pete
        • Cathy Saxton
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
            Correct, what I want is the frequency with the least signal. It's
            pretty much impossible to find a frequency with nothing in this area,
            but I should have said frequency, not station. Anyway, it does the
            right thing, even if I didn't express that well!

            Cathy