Re: [SeattleRobotics] Re: [S eattleR obotics] Digital readout scales for home-built CNC?

  • Kenneth Maxon
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 12:16 AM
      No need to despair...

      One can injection mold smaller parts in one's own garage. All that's needed
      is a large older drill press, a decent vise and an injection head, like
      those made by Haygemen Machine Corp...

      http://nikita.argia.net/kmaxon/quickshooter.jpg

      For a quick overview of the steps necessary to make a simple hand operated
      injection mold for use at home, refer to the March '97 Encoder article...

      Of course it is all relative to the size & geometric constraints of the
      part, material characteristics, temperature and pressure. There are defined
      limits to what one can do before they have to step up to larger machines,
      but for smaller parts, buttons, clips, etc, home molding for cheap
      production means is quite accessible to most everyone.

      -Kenneth