What do you'll think about the willem programmer?

  • Lee Leathers
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2004
      Hello, I took you'lls advice and was going to get the EPIC plus
      programmer... until I found out I might be working with AVR chips as well.

      What do you'll think about this programmer?:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4661&item=3856127873&rd=1

      Anyone have any experience?

      Will I still be able to use PicBasic Pro with this?

      thanks-Lee
    • ed@okerson.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2004
        I would not consider buying a programmer like this for use on an AVR. All
        AVR chips are in circuit programmable, so why would you want a programmer
        that requires you to pull the chip out and plug it into the programmer?
        Besides that, the AVR supported device list does not include any of the
        ATMega chips that are now popular. If you want to work with AVR, I have
        had great success with the AVRISP ($30 from DigiKey), and the compatible
        device from Olimex http://www.olimex.com/dev/index.html their AVR-PG1B
        serial programmer is $6.95 and the parallel AVR-PG2B is $9.95.

        Ed Okerson