IR receiver circuit.

  • zhoulei545
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2004
      hi there,
      i'm building infrared detection circuits. i wanna use Infrared
      Emitter 555 circuit from http://www.robotroom.com/Infrared555.html
      which actually send IR pulse modulated at 38KHz

      for the detection part, i just want a logic 1(0) when there is
      infrared modulated at 38KHz received, a logice 0(1) when there is not.
      i need use this signal to act as input to a logic circuit. anyone has
      any idea abt the design of the receiver circuit?
    • Dave Hylands
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2004
        > for the detection part, i just want a logic 1(0) when there is
        > infrared modulated at 38KHz received, a logice 0(1) when there is not.
        > i need use this signal to act as input to a logic circuit. anyone has
        > any idea abt the design of the receiver circuit?

        The PNA4602 is a good device for doing this.

        Here's some background:
        http://www.oricomtech.com/projects/irpd-an.htm

        This might be inverted from what you want (I think it outputs a zero
        when it detects a 38 kHz signal) so you might have to invert the signal
        using a transistor and some reistors, or an inverter chip.

        --
        Dave Hylands
        Vancouver, BC, Canada