microcontroller help

  • subhasis behera
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2004
      hi,
      i want to work with microcontrollers...
      it has to store a program in ram. n communicate with stepper mortor
      controller ckt to run a Wheeled robot. I want the microcontroller sud
      be reprogrammable through the usb port or serial port.... I mean like
      a ram....
      Each time, i change the program, i sud be able to implement that
      directly through the port. not the chip burner. i want to lean the
      basics also...
      any help will be appreciated.....

      Subhasis
    • Brian Rheaume
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 21, 2004
        Most controllers will allow you to bootload (RS232). I had a good time
        learning the basics on a Parallax Board of Education. This board uses a
        Basic Stamp Microcontroller and the board has all of the support you will
        need. Not to mention the programming language used is very easy to
        understand.

        Check out this site for some information:

        http://www.hobbyengineering.com/

        Enjoy...

        Brian