Re: [SeattleRobotics] Alright Already - RoboMagellan

  • Mr S
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2004
      I didn't compete this year, might not be able to
      compete next year in the robo-magellan event, but it
      seems to me that if there is a 50 lb weight limit,
      that is one of the design rules. Every system engineer
      should know that there are design limits and
      compromises, and they must maintain a design that
      meets those requirements. Changing the requirements to
      meet the specs of the parts you want to use is just
      wrong. That is NOT how design engineering is supposed
      to work unless there is NO POSSIBLE manner to get
      around those parts. Its been proven that robots under
      50 lbs can compete, so there is no need to change the
      design requirements to match parts available. That's
      just wrong. It is called a contest for a reason. I
      think that everyone who wants to change the rules
      should work harder on their designs, so that they are
      better able to compete within the rules of the

      Football and baseball have their rules etc. ... you
      don't change the rules without good reason. I would
      like to see more people participating in the spirit of
      the event instead of trying to change the event to
      match their ability and parts list.

      Just my tuppence worth

      Do You Yahoo!?