Re: [SeattleRobotics] Lynxmotion Scout, was Re: Open PINO

  • Pete Miles
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2004
      Lynxmotion uses a combination of polycarbonate and aluminum in their robots. They are very well built. You should see
      the abuse their 3 kg sumo robots can handle. Their Scout has a lot of aluminum in it. Just look at the online assembly
      docs.

      The only limiting load factor with all of these walking robots, are the servos. The servos would fail before the body
      does.

      $600 may seem like a lot of money, but if you bought the same digital servos (HS-5475) from ServoCity, you would spend
      $480. That make the rest of the robot only $120. Now just think, the PINO robot has twice as many servos than the
      Scout.

      Pete