Re: [SeattleRobotics] Subject: Re: A really big processor zoom/rotate

  • Rich Chandler
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 4, 2004
      toddpierce1968 wrote:
      > I don't exactly have a solution for you guys... I just wanted to vent
      > my case. Hmmmm... oh... and prove that once again, the human has
      > outsmarted the fly.

      Well, except the fly will keep beating its head against a glass window trying to
      get out.
    • Rich Chandler
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 4, 2004
        Rich Chandler wrote:

        > toddpierce1968 wrote:
        > > I don't exactly have a solution for you guys... I just wanted to vent
        > > my case. Hmmmm... oh... and prove that once again, the human has
        > > outsmarted the fly.
        >
        > Well, except the fly will keep beating its head against a glass window trying to
        > get out.

        Doh! I misread that as outsmarted BY the fly....
      • Charles Holzschuh
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 4, 2004
          Hi I was wondering if anyone has any experience with
          paint ball markers (guns)? I hear they are controlled
          with a PIC chip, and they are reprogrammable
          (hackable). Is there a site for hacking them?

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • LJGeib@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 4, 2004
            Thes guys have done it.
            http://www.ottawarobotics.org/
            They switched to Nerf guns as being less dangerous, I guess

            Larry

            In a message dated 8/4/04 12:56:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
            xolzscxux@... writes:
            Hi I was wondering if anyone has any experience with
            paint ball markers (guns)? I hear they are controlled
            with a PIC chip, and they are reprogrammable
            (hackable). Is there a site for hacking them?

          • Dave Hylands
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 4, 2004
              I think that they switched to nerf guns because nobody would let them
              use their space to host a competition :)

              > Thes guys have done it.
              > http://www.ottawarobotics.org/
              > They switched to Nerf guns as being less dangerous, I guess
              >
              > Larry
            • stephane641
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 6, 2004
                Actually, we (as I'm part of one of the teams who built the original
                paintball robot) only had to hack them to automate the firing of the
                paintballs but there was no microprocessor in the original guns.

                For more details check our clubs page (www.ottawarobotics.org) or my
                personal page (http://robotics.no-ip.org).

                Later,

                --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, LJGeib@a... wrote:
                > Thes guys have done it.
                > http://www.ottawarobotics.org/
                > They switched to Nerf guns as being less dangerous, I guess
                >
                > Larry
                >
                > In a message dated 8/4/04 12:56:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
                > xolzscxux@y... writes:
                > Hi I was wondering if anyone has any experience with
                > paint ball markers (guns)? I hear they are controlled
                > with a PIC chip, and they are reprogrammable
                > (hackable). Is there a site for hacking them?

              • Doug Leppard
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 7, 2004
                  Only the high end paintball guns have electronics in them, most are totally mechanical.

                  But with so many low end and cheap semi-automatics paintball guns it would not be too difficult to fire them via MCU.

                  Doug Leppard
                  Doug.Leppard@...

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 9, 2004
                    Yeah, the old one I had was purely mechanical.
                    It was a high-end one back then as it's all in metal and very sturdy.
                    We originally used a pneumatic piston as the actuator for pulling (in
                    our case "pushing") the trigger.

                    Later,

                    --- In SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Leppard" <DLeppard@c...>
                    wrote:
                    > Only the high end paintball guns have electronics in them, most are
                    totally mechanical.

                    > But with so many low end and cheap semi-automatics paintball guns it
                    would not be too difficult to fire them via MCU.

                    > Doug Leppard
                    > Doug.Leppard@c...

                  • David Ottomeyer
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 17, 2004
                      Maybe it's simply because A fly, being able to walk on
                      horizontal and verticle surfaces as well as being able
                      to...fly had no need to fear a cliff? ---