Hamamatsu UVTron Package

  • superboylam
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2004
      I have soldered the Bulb to the drive circuit and created a program
      for my OOPic II+ based on the oUVTronHM object. When I ran the
      program, I was not able to get a signal. I tested my power and I'm
      getting the correct amount of power. I'm using the inverted output
      (2nd output) on the drive circuit. I tried to see if I could get a
      signal with just a power source without using the OOPic and didn't
      get a signal there either. Does anyone have any debugging ideas or
      know of any way to solve my current problem?
    • John Edwards
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2004
        Hello,

        Your problem reminded me of the problem I had when I first started using the
        UVTron. On the standard driver board output 2 goes low for only ~10ms for
        each pulse detected. This time was too brief to be detected by the
        HandyBoard that I was using at the time. If you add an electrolitic
        capacitor to the board at location marked CX observing correct polarity the
        pulse width of the signal can be extended. A 1uF capacitor will extend the
        time to 1 second but I found that a .47 uF capacitor extended the signal to
        about half a second and was more than sufficient to read it.

        John Edwards
        botbuilder@...
        http://webpages.charter.net/grizzlyrobotics/

      • tbrenke@verizon.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 31, 2004
          OR you can use the oDebounce object that will hold the signal for a full
          round of objects in the oopic.
          then a VC that you program will see it.

          > I have soldered the Bulb to the drive circuit and created a program
          > for my OOPic II+ based on the oUVTronHM object. When I ran the
          > program, I was not able to get a signal. I tested my power and I'm
          > getting the correct amount of power. I'm using the inverted output
          > (2nd output) on the drive circuit. I tried to see if I could get a
          > signal with just a power source without using the OOPic and didn't
          > get a signal there either. Does anyone have any debugging ideas or
          > know of any way to solve my current problem?

          Yahoo! Groups Links