[SeattleRobotics] mundobot.com now in english

  • Alejandro Alonso Puig
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2004
      I'm translating my robotics website from Spanish to English so it could be
      shared worldwide. I'm doing it step by step, but at least now you could see
      some robots I did or I'm working on. In the Spanish version I've got much
      more information, but it takes time to translate it.

      Here it is: http://mundobot.com

      Best regards from Spain

      Alejandro Alonso Puig
      http://mundobot.com
      alejandro.alonso@...

    • Ed Okerson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 31, 2004
        Alejandro,

        Why not pipe them through Babel Fish, at:

        http://world.altavista.com/

        It has a place where you can put a URL and it will translate the text from
        that URL between languages. After that you might want to fix some
        grammer, but it should be mostly correct.

        Ed Okerson

        On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Alejandro Alonso Puig wrote:

        > I'm translating my robotics website from Spanish to English so it could be
        > shared worldwide. I'm doing it step by step, but at least now you could see
        > some robots I did or I'm working on. In the Spanish version I've got much
        > more information, but it takes time to translate it.
        >
        > Here it is: http://mundobot.com
        >
        > Best regards from Spain
        >
        > Alejandro Alonso Puig
        > http://mundobot.com
        > alejandro.alonso@...

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Alejandro Alonso Puig
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2004
          Yes Ed, I'm using translators of that sort, but I prefer to review the
          translations carefully before posting them at the web. Sometime the
          translations may be confusing and for quite technical document may produce
          real misunderstanding problem. The documents not yet posted in my web are
          quite technical and I prefer to go step by step. Of course in any case the
          translation will not be perfect as I'm not bilingual at all, but I think
          will be quite understandable.

          Thanks a lot anyway for your help.

          Best regards from Spain

          Alejandro Alonso-Puig
          http://mundobot.com
          alejandro.alonso@...

          Why not pipe them through Babel Fish, at:

          http://world.altavista.com/

          It has a place where you can put a URL and it will translate the text from
          that URL between languages. After that you might want to fix some
          grammer, but it should be mostly correct.

          Ed Okerson

          On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Alejandro Alonso Puig wrote:

          > I'm translating my robotics website from Spanish to English so it could be
          > shared worldwide. I'm doing it step by step, but at least now you could
          see
          > some robots I did or I'm working on. In the Spanish version I've got much
          > more information, but it takes time to translate it.
          >
          > Here it is: http://mundobot.com
          >
          > Best regards from Spain
          >
          > Alejandro Alonso Puig
          > http://mundobot.com
          > alejandro.alonso@...

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Alex Brown
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2004
            Alejandro,

            For not being "bilingual", your english on the web page is very
            understandable. And it is interesting trying to read assembly code in
            Spanish :-)

            Good work,
            Alex