Pixter touch screen

  • MAG
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2003
      Does anyone know who the manufacturer of the Pixter LCD touch screen is?

      For those of you who don't know what I am looking for. Fisher-Price has made
      a children's learn toy that has a COLOR LCD TOUCH screen and the whole unit
      is less than $70.00!!!!!

      I think that a cheap color touch screen display would make for some very
      interesting projects.
    • John Ahlstrom
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2003
        As an alternative you could always use a personal organizers as a pretty slick
        interface. I have seen the "Sony Clie` SJ22" selling on sale during this
        holiday season for as low as $99 after rebates. This unit comes with a screen
        that is 320X320 and has 16 MB of internal memory. It also accepts memory
        sticks. I'm pretty sure there are many free languages available to allow
        programming.

        JohnA(Kent,WA)

        Message: 3

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2003
          Anyone found a site that describes the internals of this thing yet?
          I have been looking, but found nothing yet. It would be nice to know
          what kind of CPU it has in it, and if it has any hack value.

          Mike