Re: [SeattleRobotics] Gear head Motor recomendation.

  • Bryan E. Daniel
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2000
      Hi Jeff Spencer, and SRS,

      Which gearhead motor websites have you tried?

      C and H Sales Company has a new Fall 2000 catalog.
      http://www.candhsales@...
      Pasadena, California

      Radar Electric store in Seattle sometimes has surplus gearmotors upstairs,
      and  so do Vetco Electronics store in Bellevue, and Supertronix store in Tukwila.

      Arts and Craft stores have analog clock motors ( one rpm and one rph - revolution per hour).
      Maybe these could be used for the gears and refitted with small dc motors.

      Hobby stores have Tamiya gear set kits for about 20 dollars.
      SRS member Larry Barello has a new H-bridge module kit.

      Bryan E. Daniel
      Bellevue, Washington

      Jeff Spencer wrote:

       I'm looking for some new gearhead motors for a 4x4" robot. I'm currenlty running Futuba S148's which is a nice size. But I'd like something faster without spending an arm and a leg. I found some Futuba servos rated at 42 oz/in of torque and approximately 90 RPM (.11 sec to 60 degrees). However, they cost $100+ dollars apiece. Any suggestions? Seen any great gearhead motors surplus? I've searched all the surplus sites I know about.