Programming serial EEPROMs with PIC16F84A

  • robot@destructonet.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2003
      Hey,
      I've been researching EEPROM interfacing, and I found this site:
      http://www.piclist.com/techref/microchip/i2c-eeprom.htm
      It is software written for a 15C501 device (I think) that interfaces to I2C
      EEPROM chips. I'm just wondering, first of all, what language/compiler
      variant is it actually written in (I'm new to PIC C compilers, I would
      guess it would be the regular PICC Lite), and are the "serial EEPROMS" that
      Jameco sells standard I2C EEPROMS that would work with this code? Is there
      anything else I should know? Thanks.

      http://mail2web.com/ .
    • Doug Evans
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2003
        There are several appnotes on the Microchip web site regarding this I2C
        serial EEPROM interface. There is also a source example in the PICC Lite
        package from Hi-Tech.

        You'll want to use an I2C EEPROM, obviously. Check the data sheets on the
        24LC series (example, 24LC64).

        Although the PIC16F84A does not have SSP (synchronous serial port), you can
        still bit-bang the protocol.

        -de