For sale: SGI 1600SW monitor/adaptor

  • Larry Barello
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2003
      Check it out here (not my sale!)

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2750852166&category=29502
      http://www.sgi.com/products/legacy/displays.html

      I have a monitor + AGP card - a little dusty but otherwise in exactly the same condition
      as when I unpacked it three years ago. Typical Ebay winning bids are around $300-400.
      I would continue using this except that my new computer doesn't accept 2x AGP cards!

      It is a beautiful display and you can pack a lot of text onto it which is GREAT if you
      are debugging/developing or even writing. The video card is pretty old technology and
      isn't suitable for modern gaming, but I believe it is completely suitable for any other
      use (video, text, photo, etc).

      Anyway, if you run XP the drivers are built in, otherwise you need to dig around to get
      them off the web. It should be relatively easy.

      So, if anyone wants to offer ~$300-400 for it I'll sell it locally without the Ebay & WA
      tax. If out of town (Seattle area), then shipping will need to be added.

      ----
      Larry Barello
      www.barello.net