Test

  • Jim McBride
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 1 8:24 PM
      Nothing from the group today. Not even my last post. Is all well?
    • Rich Chandler
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 1 8:28 PM
        Jim McBride wrote:

        > Nothing from the group today. Not even my last post. Is all well?

        I got it. But one annoying setting on the group directs all replies to the
        person responded to, rather than the group at large. Which I think can deprive
        the rest of us of interesting answers.

        This is the only Yahoo Group I'm on that's set that way.
      • trbrenke
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 2 12:37 AM
          true,
          check your sent box and see if it was addressed to the group of to the
          person that posted.

          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 2 12:43 AM
            trbrenke wrote:

            > true,
            > check your sent box and see if it was addressed to the group of to the
            > person that posted.

            I still think the reply-to option on the group should be turned on.... Who's the
            owner of the group anyway?
          • Tom Capon
            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 2 8:16 AM
              The easy way is just to use the "Reply-All" function in your email handler
              instead, then it sends a copy to both the original sender and the list.

              At 12:43 AM 7/2/2003 -0700, Rich Chandler wrote:
              >trbrenke wrote:
              > >
              > > true,
              > > check your sent box and see if it was addressed to the group of to the
              > > person that posted.
              >
              >I still think the reply-to option on the group should be turned on....
              >Who's the
              >owner of the group anyway?

            • Rich Chandler
              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 2 11:44 AM
                Tom Capon wrote:

                > The easy way is just to use the "Reply-All" function in your email handler
                > instead, then it sends a copy to both the original sender and the list.

                But as you see now, the addressee ends up getting two copies.
              • Tom Capon
                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 2 12:45 PM
                  For some reason I didn't.

                  At 11:44 AM 7/2/2003 -0700, Rich Chandler wrote:
                  >Tom Capon wrote:
                  > >
                  > > The easy way is just to use the "Reply-All" function in your email handler
                  > > instead, then it sends a copy to both the original sender and the list.
                  >
                  >But as you see now, the addressee ends up getting two copies.
                • Bryan Andersen
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 2 12:45 PM
                    Rich Chandler wrote:
                    > Tom Capon wrote:
                    >
                    >>The easy way is just to use the "Reply-All" function in your email handler
                    >>instead, then it sends a copy to both the original sender and the list.
                    >

                    > But as you see now, the addressee ends up getting two copies.

                    Dosen't seam to be a problem here. Ever thought of editing out the
                    addresses you don't want it to go to? I always use reply-all and then
                    edit out to just the list address.

                    - Bryan
                  • Rich Chandler
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 2 12:59 PM
                      Bryan Andersen wrote:
                      > Dosen't seam to be a problem here. Ever thought of editing out the
                      > addresses you don't want it to go to? I always use reply-all and then
                      > edit out to just the list address.

                      It's not something *I* have a problem with, but I have seen other people stumble
                      over this and think they were replying to the group when they hit reply, and
                      ended up not contributing to a discussion they thought they were.

                      For me it's just a minor annoyance, since I don't have a lot to say. But I do
                      worry that someone's going to ask a question I'm really interested in, and the
                      reply is going to end up off the list and I won't even know about it.
                    • Charles Bronson
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jul 2 6:57 PM
                        Bryan Andersen wrote:
                        > Dosen't seam to be a problem here. Ever thought of editing out the
                        > addresses you don't want it to go to? I always use reply-all and then
                        > edit out to just the list address.
                        >
                        > - Bryan

                        However two simple facts remain:
                        1- Newsgroups exist to promote discussion
                        2- Computers are supposed to solve problems not create them.

                        This issue is not earth shattering but it doesn't even need to exist.

                        --
                        (¬_ Some days you're the windshield >o)
                        //\ Some days you're the bug... /\\
                        Message 11 of 21 , Aug 18, 2003
                          Test message to see if we working again lol.
                        • Michael
                          Message 12 of 21 , Aug 19, 2007
                            I have already tried to post twice, just checking if this test will
                            make it through.
                          • robotMaker
                            Message 13 of 21 , Aug 20, 2007
                              Saw your posts and forgot to drop by ToysRus yesterday(Sunday), grrr!

                              And thanx for the headsup

                              Cesar

                              Michael <BotMaster@...> wrote: I have already tried to post twice, just checking if this test will
                              make it through.