RE: [SeattleRobotics] Working with flatted bores?

  • Dave Hylands
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 4 1:32 PM
      Hi Tom,

      Dremel make a drill press attachment. You should be able to pick it up at
      Home Depot, Wal-Mart or similar stores.

      Click here:
      http://www.dremel.com/html/home_fr.html
      Click on "Tools and Accessories"
      Click on "Attachments"
      You should see a Drill Press Attachment on the bottom row.

      It isn't the highest quality (or at least the one I got wasn't), but it
      works.

      --
      Dave Hylands
      Vancouver, BC, Canada

    • Rob Purdy
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 4 2:16 PM
        SKU: #681696 at Homedepot. Found it on line at homedepot.com

        >From: Tom Capon <robot@...>
        >To: "Jack Buffington" <j1432@...>,SeattleRobotics@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [SeattleRobotics] Working with flatted bores?
        >Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 16:18:50 -0500
        >
        >just wondering, does anybody make anything like a drill press stand for a
        >dremmel tool? or have they not gone that far yet?
        >
        >At 08:11 PM 3/4/2003 +0000, Jack Buffington wrote:
        >

        > >Or for an even faster way, take a dremmel cutoff tool (the kind with
        >fiber
        > >reinforcement) and use it to create the flat. Most likely you won't have
        > >do more than hand hold the shaft. I have done this on several occasions.
        > >The "flat" doesn't really have to be flat. Close is good enough.
        > >
        > >-Jack

      • Ron
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 6 6:13 PM
          Gary,
          That's is why my bench grinder gets used alot. But with either a
          file or a grinder you must ensure that NO metal filings get into the motor.
          If you don't it goes without saying that the motor will soon be junk.
          Ron

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 6 6:18 PM
            Jack,
            I don't find it easy to do it that way; even with the fiber
            reinforced disks. Just remember to have a dozen or so of them around for
            the job. And of course the safety glasses.
            Ron

            > Or for an even faster way, take a dremmel cutoff tool (the kind with fiber
            > reinforcement) and use it to create the flat. Most likely you won't have
            > do more than hand hold the shaft. I have done this on several occasions.
            > The "flat" doesn't really have to be flat. Close is good enough.
            >
            > -Jack

          • Ron
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 6 6:21 PM
              Tom,
              Yes, as a matter of fact the Dremel company sells has them. I
              forget what they go for now. A friend of mine used to have one before he
              got out of the model train hobby.
              Ron