Re: [SeattleRobotics] Motion Detector Recommendations?

  • Bryan E. Daniel
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2002
      Hello SRS,

      Elenco Electronics makes educational electronic kits called AmeriKits for
      students and hobbyists. The instructions come with a schematic.
      Amerikit model number AK-510 is a Motion Detector in a small non-waterproof
      enclosure.

      http://www.elenco.com/

      http://www.elenco.com/toys/

      http://www.elenco.com/toys.pdf (page 6)

      (Local stores Supertronix in Tukwila and Top Ten Toys in North Seattle sell
      some of the kits.)

      Outdoor weather proof motion detectors are available at Radio Shack and Home
      Depot.

      Bryan E. Daniel

      nyec wrote:

      > Does anyone have a source or recommendation for a low-cost, low-voltage
      > motion detector? I'll be putting the motion detector on a device with a
      > rechargeable Ni-Cad battery pack outdoors.
      >
      > Thanks in advance.
      >
      > nyec

    • Bryan E. Daniel
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16, 2002