Re: [SeattleRobotics] Stepper motor drivers

  • Dennis Clark
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2002
      Stuart,

      You have a unipolar stepper motor. You'll need some support
      chips to drive it from a PC, it won't interface directly. I
      recommend a serial interface to a controller chip that uses a
      power driver to run the stepper. I can't recommend any more
      than that without knowing what you are doing with it and how
      big the stepper is.

      DLC

      stuart.lamble@... wrote:

      > Hi Seattle
      >
      > Anyone got some diagrams of stepper motor drivers for bi-polar (5-wire)
      > stepper motors?
      > I need to be able to drive it from a lpt or serial port
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Stuart

      * Dennis Clark Behavior Based Robotics *
      * dlc@... www.techtoystoday.com *