CMUCam for Sale!

  • Don Papp

      Hey all, I have a NEW condition, CMUCam for sale! It is assembled and
      fully tested. It is the coolest thing since sliced bread, but I just never
      got around to building the robot head I planned to use it for. Other
      projects have been holding my attention and I'm ready to sell it.

      What is the CMUCam? Check it out:

      http://www.acroname.com/robotics/parts/R140-CMUCAM-KIT.html

      More Details, including videos and pictures:
      http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~cmucam/

      It's machine-vision simplified, and done via an RS-232 interface. You
      work it like a modem - send it commands, read the ouputs, make it do
      stuff.

      It has MANY useful built-in functions, like motion detection, color
      tracking, and far more too numerous to mention. You can make any of those
      functions operate only on small "windows" of the camera's view, get a
      running count of stats on the image, count the color values, and so much
      more!

      And if you're most interested in doing your own vision processing, you can
      dump the video frames to the serial port and crunch the data yourself.

      There is even a "demo" mode where you don't even need to interface it to
      anything! Just feed it power, plug in a normal RC servo, mount the
      camera on a servo, and it will look for a color on startup (it "looks"
      only straight ahead on startup and waits for a color) then tracks it with
      the servo!

      I almost don't want to sell it anymore after thinking of all it can do.

      PRICE:

      It retails for 109 USD + S&H and I'm letting it go for 70 USD.
      Assembled and fully tested, in perfect condition!

      Priority Shipping (2-5 days) to anywhere in the USA and Canada is only
      8.50 USD. Slightly more and slower outside the USA and Canada.

      Payment is accepted by bank transfer, money order, certified cheque,
      or PayPal (3% additional charge).

      First come first served. Email me at donp@...!

      Don Papp
      http://AEinnovations.com

      GNUPG/PGP Key: http://AEinnovations.com/downloads/pubkey.html

    • Jack Buffington
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2002
        Speaking of vision systems, I am thinking of building a vision system of my
        own design. I am thinking that I would like to use a 8051 processor(s) for
        this task. Does anyone have a recommendation about a C compiler for these
        chips? Are there compilers that I should stay away from? It seems that
        there are a lot of free compilers out there but I don't want to waste time
        on one that is not that good. Normally I use PIC processors but the lure of
        high MIPS and lots of RAM is tempting.

        -Jack

      • Gary Livick
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2002
          You might look at:

          http://www.dunfield.com

          Dave makes good stuff, supports his products well, and is reasonably priced.

          Gary Livick

          Jack Buffington wrote:

          > Speaking of vision systems, I am thinking of building a vision system of my
          > own design. I am thinking that I would like to use a 8051 processor(s) for
          > this task. Does anyone have a recommendation about a C compiler for these
          > chips? Are there compilers that I should stay away from? It seems that
          > there are a lot of free compilers out there but I don't want to waste time
          > on one that is not that good. Normally I use PIC processors but the lure of
          > high MIPS and lots of RAM is tempting.
          >
          > -Jack

        • prasandt
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2002
            --- In SeattleRobotics@y..., "Jack Buffington" <j1432@h...> wrote:
            > Speaking of vision systems, I am thinking of building a vision
            system of my
            > own design. I am thinking that I would like to use a 8051
            processor(s) for
            > this task. Does anyone have a recommendation about a C compiler
            for these
            > chips? Are there compilers that I should stay away from? It
            seems that
            > there are a lot of free compilers out there but I don't want to
            waste time
            > on one that is not that good. Normally I use PIC processors but
            the lure of
            > high MIPS and lots of RAM is tempting.
            >
            > -Jack

            Hey, Jack,
            I have programmed a 80C552(Very similar to 80C51) using Franklins
            Software development environment (C compiler inlcluded). Also I know
            that there is another development environment called Keil Software.
            I in fact got a demo version of it but never used it. With the
            Franklins you even can simulate your program.

            Regrads,
            Prasan.

            http://messenger.msn.com
          • Andre Adrian
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 3, 2002
              Hi,

              >Software development environment (C compiler inlcluded). Also I know
              >that there is another development environment called Keil Software.

              Ther is another 8051 C Compiler available for free, called
              READS51. You can download it http://www.rigelcorp.com/

              Andre Adrian