Re: New robot pics and mpegs

  • oric_dan
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5, 2002
      --- In SeattleRobotics@y..., "David P. Anderson" <dpa@i...> wrote:
      > No little springs! There are some pieces of rubber hose used as
      > bumpers, necessary on a robot that falls over from time to time...

      Actually, I was only being half "flip". :)

      I was thinking it would be useful to have a fail safe mechanism to
      get Nbot back up if it falls over. Either some kind of side pieces,
      like a harley, which keep it from going over too far; springs,
      assuming it would only go over with some force while trying to save
      itself, and the springs would get depressed and re-act; a servo
      driven rod; something.

      A 3rd wheel [on each side] would probably be good, even if no self-
      righting mechanism - then at least it could run around like R2D2
      until it hit something and popped back up.

      "If 3rd wheel is engaged, then aim for a curb and hit it hard".

      On and on - it's cool, any way you look at it.

      Are we having fun yet? You bet.
      - dan