Re: [SeattleRobotics] Seattle Area Parts Sourcing

  • Steve Greenfield
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2002
      --- alphamacaroon <alphamacaroon@...> wrote:
      > Hello all! I'm new to the Seattle area and was wondering if
      > anyone
      > could point me to one or more good stores for sourcing electronic
      >
      > parts (like motors, etc) and mechanical parts (like gears, etc).
      > Any
      > help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

      Has anyone answered yet? If they've been answering off list, shame
      on them! Share with the rest of us.

      Here's what I know of. Most of these have websites that are good
      for not much more than getting their hours and address.

      Vetco in Bellevue, in the Fred Meyer just inside the back door
      http://www.vetcosurplus.com/

      Future Active Electronics in Bellevue
      http://www.future-active.com/

      Boeing Surplus in Kent. No website, but here's a "review" that has
      their hours and address
      http://www.nwsource.com/shopping/deals/junk.html

      Radar Electric in Seattle
      http://www.radarinc.com/

      Electronic Dimensions in Tacoma (near the Tacoma Dome)
      http://www.el-dim.com/

      For plastic sheet and such:

      Tap Plastics in Seattle
      http://www.tapplastics.com/

      For small Robots there is a guy in Portland selling by mail order.
      He sells a kit for a Mini Sumo, or sells the parts including
      ultrasonic and IR sensors. He's got wheels with extra sticky tires
      that are made specifically to fit servo motors like the Futaba that
      have been modified for continuous rotation.

      http://www.junun.org/MarkIII/

      =====
      Steve Greenfield // Digital photo scanning, retouching,
      Polymorph Digital Photography // and photomorphing to your specs.
      253/318-2473 voice // We use the best little computer in
      polymorph@... // the world, the Amiga!
      http://www.polyphoto.com/ // Based in Tacoma, WA, USA

      http://health.yahoo.com