IRPD

  • encloymisseur
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2002
      hello every one , i'm using an infrared dector on my bot as an
      infrared proximity dection, but i'm telling it doesn't work properly
      my bot sees thing everywhere when there is nothing. could any help
      me ,tell me how to fix it ..
      thanks...

      Encloy
    • Kenneth Maxon
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7, 2002
        First thing to try when debugging with IR sensors. Wait until night time,
        turn off the lights in the room and any TV's and computer monitors and check
        if you are still pegging the limit on your detection circuitry. Also, if
        you could provide details on the particular sensor you are using it may go a
        long way towards getting people to offer more specific help.

        -Kenneth
        (Unit 3's in trouble and it's scared out of its wits) -Geddy Lee
        > hello every one , i'm using an infrared dector on my bot as an
        > infrared proximity dection, but i'm telling it doesn't work properly
        > my bot sees thing everywhere when there is nothing. could any help
        > me ,tell me how to fix it ..
        > thanks...
        >
        > Encloy

      • Steve
        Message 3 of 4 , May 7, 2002
          I guess it would have to do with your IRPD module. Is it a custom build or
          something prepackaged ? The first thing is you'll want to verify that an
          IR signal is going out. A scope would be helpful. Also go to radio shack
          or some electronic store and buy an infra-red detector strip. It's a
          plastic strip that when you shine IR on it, a red spot will appear. Maybe
          the signal out on the IR module is too bright and it's too close to the
          detector ? If you've a signal out, consider turning down the IR intensity.
          Use a scope to measure the signal coming into the module.

          Some thoughts.

          > hello every one , i'm using an infrared dector on my bot as an
          > infrared proximity dection, but i'm telling it doesn't work properly
          > my bot sees thing everywhere when there is nothing. could any help
          > me ,tell me how to fix it ..
          > thanks...
          >
          > Encloy

        • oric_dan
          Message 4 of 4 , May 7, 2002
            --- In SeattleRobotics@y..., "encloymisseur" <kaddav@h...> wrote:
            > hello every one , i'm using an infrared dector on my bot as an
            > infrared proximity dection, but i'm telling it doesn't work
            properly
            > my bot sees thing everywhere when there is nothing. could any help
            > me ,tell me how to fix it ..
            > thanks...
            >
            > Encloy

            If you are using a regular 40[etc] khz IR module for pickup, these
            things are extremely sensitive and you may be getting multiple
            reflections. The modules are good for 20+ feet. I often aim my TV
            remote to bounce off the back wall of the living room/etc. In this
            case you might try lowering the Tx [LED] output.

            - dan michaels
            www.oricomtech.com