Re: Oh, yeah, one more thing: (Tech Session topic for Robothon)

  • David P. Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2002
      Hi Pete,

      Well I guess I'm officially offering to do a tech session on my
      balancing robot experiments at May 2002 Robothon. Are you the
      person responsible for such things? I'll copy this to Larry
      and Doug.

      I have one robot that can do it pretty well and also some video
      of the earlier pole-balancing experiments. I've dumped a bunch of
      log records to the laptop and plotted some of the more interesting
      data like angle vs. velocity and such, which I can bring along if
      you have a video projector or overhead, or I can make some hardcopy
      handouts if that's easier.

      The fun part, though, is just to fire up the robot and push it around and
      watch it balance and recover and run around and bounce off things. Hands on,
      as it were.

      Guess now I need to register.

      best regards,
      dpa