Re: Design review help wanted with AVR version of the MarkIII Minisumo

  • Larry Barello
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2002
      I am in the death throes of laying out an AVR based robot controller
      that is compatible with the Portland PARTS Mark III Chassis. It is
      expandable like the PARTS one, but incompatible in pin out, etc.

      Anyway, here is a pointer to the notes and GIF files of the
      PCB and the Schematic. If you would be willing to take a look and
      give me feedback I sure would appreciate it.

      I have a high school senior who is going to be building up 10 kits and
      going to schools to help students build and program a mini-sumo for
      Robothon. The programming language is BASIC with the BASCOM compiler.
      This is his graduation project.

      If *anyone* is interested in getting a copy of the Controller kit
      (sorry, you will have to deal with PARTS for the chassis stuff) or
      PCB, please let me know. If I can get another 20-30 orders for PCBs I
      can justify getting nice solder masked boards. For the senior project
      we will probably just use proto service.

      I am already thinking of expansion boards. Probably the first would
      be an LCD panel with some user input buttons. The next one, of
      course, is the accelerometer board so I can make a balance bot like
      Dave Anderson. Expansion boards stack on top of each other.

      Thanks, in advance!
      ----
      Larry Barello
      FIRST Team #492